Setting Up Your Foldables Notebook and Making Vocabulary Strips for Unit 1, (pages 1-3)
(1) Label your notebook with your name, subject, and team. (2) Add a pocket on the back of the front cover for extras. For those with plastic covers, add a pocket to the first or last page. (3) Next, you need two loose leaf papers.
(1) Fold each of the two papers in half along the longest length. This is called a "hamburger fold." (2) Shave off the folds (peaks) of both sheets creating four halves, shown in picture 3.
(1) Fold each of the four halves along the shorter length. This is called a "hotdog fold." (2) Shave off the folds (peaks) to create eight fourths. (3) Create anchor tabs for six of the eight strips that are 1 cm wide, the width of your pinky.
(1) Put glue on these anchors to attach the strips. Two strips per page for three pages equals? Six! Put the extra two strips into the pocket you made earlier. You will use these later. (3) Divide each of the strips into five sections for five terms each.
(1) Cut along the lines you made earlier. (2) Label each flap with a math term from Unit 1. (3) Divide the other strips into five sections as well.
(1) Just as you did earlier, cut along the lines and (2) label each flap. On the back of each flap, write the definition for each term and include examples if you can. The definitions are attached below.